Do-it-yourself things are always unique, interesting and especially expensive, since a particle of the creator’s soul is enclosed in them. There are a huge number of wardrobe items that we can create with our own hands, if desired and possible.
In this article, we will talk about such a women's accessory as a textile bag, which sometimes is an integral part of the image or its practical complement. And you can sew it from a large number of materials, a couple of which are definitely found in every home. Using as a piece of unnecessary fabric or old jeans, you can easily get a fashion accessory.
It is about making with your own hands that will be discussed further. The reader is given the opportunity to try himself as a designer or tailor, following the simple instructions of the master class. If you also wanted to have a thing of your own manufacture, then let's get started.
Patterns of beautiful textile bags.
The first thing to do is to determine the style, shape, color and material. To do this, you should consider what time of the year and for what purposes you will use it and roughly present the desired result. Further, based on this, choose a suitable pattern. You can sew both an elegant handbag and a popular roomy beach option. A selection of some interesting patterns of textile bags:
Master class: how to sew a textile bag with your own hands.
So, after choosing a pattern and material, all that remains is to get to work.
At this master class, I would like to consider the phased production of a small shoulder bag, which is most in demand among girls and women of all ages.
Tools and materials necessary for work:
- Material for the bag (pieces 34 x 35; 34 x 27 and 2 pieces 27 X 13 cm);
- Lining fabric;
- Doublerin (universal lining material);
- 2 carbines;
- 2 half rings for attaching the strap;
- Magnetic button as a fastener;
- Details for the strap (fabric size 7X110 cm);
- Sewing supplies: machine, scissors, threads, pins; Attention! The fabric colors presented in the master class are taken only as an example.
- In order for the future bag to keep its shape well, it is necessary to treat the fabric selected for it with doubler.
Important! This must be done through gauze.
- Next, we put the large pieces 34X35 and 34X27 together with the front sides and stitch them along the lower edge, leaving 1.5 centimeters of the seam allowance. After this, the seam must be ironed.
- We sew the side seams, while the parts should be folded with the outer side to each other. We leave a free edge in order to further turn the bag.
- After that, you need to construct the bottom of the bag. To do this, all the corners of the parts are folded so that the bottom and side seams remain visible.
- We retreat 2.5 cm from the side seam and draw a line with a pencil. Sew the fabric on it.
- Cut off the corner, leaving about a centimeter from the edge.
- The same actions (5.6) must be repeated from a different angle.
- The bottom of the bag is formed, you can turn it out.
- Next, take pieces of fabric for the future valve (27x13 cm) and sew on three sides with the front side to each other.
- After that, we twist and stitch again, leaving 0.5 cm from the edge.
- Sew part of the magnetic button just above the seam.
- We connect the valve to the main part of the bag. To do this, attach it with the front side to the back of the bag and flash it with a notched seam.
- The lining, sewn in the same way as the parts for the bag, we put the front side on the workpiece, fasten with pins on top, stitched from the bottom and sides.
- We turn the bag through the hole left in the lining, iron it and sew it around.
- We sew the parts for the strap on the sides, folding them with the front side inward. We twist and stitch along the edges, leaving the edge for the carbine.
- Close the valve and sew the second part of the magnetic button to the bag.
- A hole in the lining left unstitched must be carefully sewn with a hidden seam.
- DIY textile bag is ready.