Compression knitwear, due to its effectiveness, is becoming increasingly popular. Special stockings can prevent many diseases, as well as significantly alleviate the patient's condition. Read on about the features of compression and anti-embolic products, as well as their similarities and what is the difference between them.
What are anti-embolic stockings?
Elastic underwear provides uniform pressure on the legs, and from the ankles to the thigh, it decreases. Due to this, active blood flow is formed and the likelihood of thrombosis is reduced. Wearing is recommended for those patients who are stationary for a long time .
Important! Male and female models of products differ only in size.
Compression stockings - what kind of wardrobe item?
Attention! Due to the pressure of the stocking on the legs, the diameter of the extended legs decreases.
What do they look like?
Compression and anti-embolic models have a certain similarity with each other:
they have different compression classes and create a certain pressure on the legs;
- stimulate the outflow of blood from the legs towards the heart;
- they are selected depending on the desired degree of compression, taking into account the individual parameters of the person.
What is the difference between anti-embolic and compression stockings?
There are much more requirements for hospital knitwear compared to compression underwear. We list the main parameters by which these products differ:
Use time. Anti-embolic products can be worn 5-6 days after birth and up to 2 weeks in the postoperative period. Compression underwear can be worn constantly .
- Hospital knitwear is sewn only in white. This allows the doctor to control the color of the patient’s skin and monitor the discharge from the wounds. Everyday products can have a variety of colors.
- The ability to withstand high temperatures. Hospital-type products must be sanitized in a timely manner. Therefore, they can withstand frequent washing and high temperatures without compromising the texture of stockings . Also, unlike compression ones, they easily withstand autoclave sterilization.
- Hypoallergenicity of atiembolic things is a prerequisite in contrast to compression. This is because the use of drugs increases the risk of allergies.
Reference! Models for everyday wear are made of very thin knitwear and require gentle washing. In order not to spoil the structure of the fibers, they should not be squeezed and twisted.
It is necessary to select clothes of this type competently, taking into account the degree of compression and sizes. Before buying, it is advisable to consult your doctor or an orthopedic salon specialist . It must be remembered that for prolonged wearing, you should purchase everyday stockings, and preparing for surgery or childbirth - hospital.