We propose to crochet a volume hat with your own hands. The advantage of such a hat is that even those who just try themselves in needlework can knit it. And the work does not take much time.
What will be needed for work
The headdress is knitted with a pattern of lush columns. In the process, they lie in different directions, forming a thick "braid".
For knitting in this technique will not require additional jewelry. Only yarn and hook. A knitted snood or a scarf can complement the accessory.
What yarn to choose
It is best to use yarn with mohair in the following combination:
- mohair - 40%;
- acrylic - 60%.
For one product, 100 g is enough (one tangle) . Knitting in two threads.
The product from such a yarn is very warm, fluffy and holds its shape perfectly. Color is chosen according to personal preference.
Important! It is useful for beginners to know that when working with a dark thread it is more difficult to count the loops and consider the pattern. Therefore, the first time it is more convenient to work with light yarn.
What kind of crochet hook is needed
The size of the hook depends on the yarn selected. For our yarn in two folds, a 3.5 mm hook is ideal .
Help It is best to choose a tool with an aluminum tip and a plastic handle. It is convenient to hold, and the hand will not get tired in the process.
How to knit a female volume hat
Now that everything is ready, you can start knitting. But first, let's determine the size.
How to take measurements
It’s hard to make a beautiful and suitable finished product without taking measurements. Therefore, do not neglect this stage. We will need two measurements.
- Exhaust gas (head circumference) - the volume of the product depends on it.
- MV (height from top to nose) - determines the desired height of the accessory.
If for some reason you can’t take measurements or the product is knitted as a gift, you can use the standard size table.
|Age||Og, cm||MV, cm|
|Little children under 6 years old||35–40||10-15|
|Children and teens||40||19–20|
|Adults (small and medium sizes)||52||22–25|
|Adults (large size)||60||21-23|
After the measurements are ready, you need to determine the number of loops. A related pattern will help.
Collect 10 loops and tie 10 rows with the pattern you plan to make the hat on. Measure the sample with a ruler and, based on the exhaust gas meter, calculate the required number of loops.
Attention ! For the accuracy of the calculation, calculate how many loops in 1 cm of the canvas.
For example, if there are 2.5 of them, and the exhaust gas is 52 cm, then the number of loops will be: 52 * 2.5 = 130.
How to tie a cap with lush columns
A volumetric hat for women can be knitted in several ways. The most common are knitting from the bottom up and from top to bottom. Before you begin to work, you need to learn how to knit the main pattern.
- Dial the number of loops multiple of 5 + 3 lifting loops.
- First row: * three double crochet, two air loops *. Continue to the end.
- Second row: four lift air loops, 2 air loops.
- Next, in an arch of two loops of the last row, knit 3 columns, proceed to create a magnificent column. * Double crochet, enter the hook behind the second column of the last row, pull out a long loop *.
- Repeat from * four more times.
- Then knit all the loops together. Link the air loop and the three columns from the next arch. So to the end.
- The third and all subsequent rows are similar to the second.
The first way to knit: bottom to top
- Dial 140 loops, which will make up 28 repeat patterns. You can score more or less, the main thing is that the number is a multiple of five. Connect in a ring.
- Knit two rows in a circle in accordance with the description of the pattern.
- Knit the third in the opposite direction. It is necessary for the columns to look the other way. So do until the end of the work.
- Having reached the required height, begin to reduce the loop.
- In each next row: instead of groups of three columns, knit two; instead of two, knit one. And make magnificent columns not of five loops with a crochet, but of four.
- Next: conditionally divide the canvas into four equal parts. At the end of each of them, decrease one rapport. Do this for six more rows until there are four rapports left.
- Pull eight single crochet into a ring, fasten.
Second way: top to bottom
- Dial a chain of six loops, connect into a ring.
- Make 6 magnificent columns so. * Cape on the hook, pull the working thread through the ring * five times. Pull the thread through all the loops.
- Knit the rest of the rows as follows. Add the columns in the third through one, the fourth through two, the fifth through three and so on.
- when the width of the cap is necessary, continue knitting without increase.
- Tied to the required size, tear the thread.
The hat is ready, it can be decorated with a pompom.
Help In the second embodiment, the lush columns are smooth, and it fits in a circle.
How to make a hat with a pompom
The finished product looks very interesting with a pompom made of fur. To make it, you will need:
- cut of natural or artificial fur;
- strong thread;
- a piece of syntepon
The work is performed according to the following algorithm.
- Cut a circle out of cardboard. The larger it is, the larger the pompom will turn out.
- Attach the template to the fur from the wrong side, circle, carefully cut.
- Take a thread with a needle, sew a circle with large stitches around the edge, without fixing the ends.
- Roll the sintepon into a lump, tie a ribbon, leaving long tips, then attach the pompom to the cap.
- Insert the synthetic winterizer inside the pompom, tighten the ends of the thread and tie it into a knot.
- Attach the ready-made pompom to the headgear with tapes.
Wear to health!