And there is even a carpentry tool with a similar name. Everything is very simple. The fact is that this French word "femoir" is closed in translation. That's all the oddities of its versatility.
Another equally interesting fact in the history of the handbag itself is the following, that initially there were purses with such clasps. And they wore their simple beggars on the belt. In the photo you can see how approximately such models looked.
From the wallet, the femoir got to her purse and they were already in the hands of a wealthy class, and even by the purse it was possible to determine how wealthy this young lady was. Such unusual models of handbags, especially clutches, are becoming popular at present. But the lady is not averse to buying wallets with memoirs.
Types of Clasp Bags
Handbags of such a plan may differ not only in design solutions. They can be of different sizes, which will directly depend on the size of the fastener itself. Since the femoir can be in the shape of a rounded, rounded, wavy or even square, the shape of the product can vary.
Luxurious clutches, long bags, mini handbags and many different solutions for one clasp. What experienced masters did not come up with for such interesting handbags. Lined and unlined models. Models with different assemblies can generally make a handbag more magnificent and roomy.
Products from different fabrics turned out to be very popular this season. Different materials can be used not only in color, but also in texture.
Workshop on building patterns with clasp bags
For the product you need to choose those sizes that are suitable for the size of the fastener. This model clearly demonstrates how to draw a good top line and how to make pattern construction easier, which even a beginner can handle.
To work, you will need:
- drawing paper;
Stage: wide side
In order to make patterns for wide sides, you must first measure the fastener itself. The length is needed and it is measured from corner to corner of the bend. This measurement is shown in the figure. The drawing begins with this size.
Important! Do not center the drawing on the paper. To save space, you should move it to one corner and start building closer to the edge. But consider the small expansion of the pattern and the increase in seams.
- The presented pattern is designed for a product size of 30 cm. That is, the lock has a length of 30 cm.
- We drew 30 cm along the edge of the line and retreated from the edge of 5 cm.
- Next, a perpendicular 35 cm long was lowered down. This will be the length of the product (bag down). If we take into account the length after stitching, we get about 33 cm. The second perpendicular was released from a neighboring point of the upper segment and 35 cm was also postponed.
- We connected the two points at the bottom and continued the line to extend the handbag to the sides. It is necessary to expand by 5 cm on each side and the product along the lower edge will no longer be 30 cm, but 40 cm. But it is imperative to make these lines smooth and rounded.
- They circled all the lines received thicker. But so far it should not be cut, as it is necessary to make even small tucks.
Important! In this model, it is very important to make two tucks on the bottom of the wide sides, since after manufacturing with the side sides it will be impossible to sew without assemblies. In this model assemblies are not provided.
- For the tuck, it is necessary to draw 2 cm from the point of the perpendicular lowered for the bottom line from the center and draw two circles with a radius of 5 cm from the points received. Make a mark at the intersection point. Now connect the intersection point of the circles inside the bag and the tuck point. One tuck is ready and the second draw is similar to the first.
Stage: side parts
- Build the side parts 35 cm long. Make them almost oval in shape.
- For the castle, it will be necessary to measure the length of the side part of the femoir.
- From the upper points of the pattern, construct two circles with a radius along the length of such an indicator.
- At the intersection point, which will be located inside the pattern, there will be another point and it will be necessary to connect it first with the right, then with the left point. As a result, the pattern will look like an incomplete oval with a notch for a femoir.
- After building patterns, you can cut them.
How to sew a bag with a clasp do it yourself
Sewing a bag with a femoir is very simple. It is important to build a pattern that can take a lot of time. A well-constructed pattern is more than half the battle.
To work, you will need:
- Femoir clasp with sizes of 30 and 5 cm;
- dense fabric (two colors);
- lining fabric;
- finished patterns on paper;
- needles and threads;
- sewing machine.
On selected materials, patterns were transferred with special crayons. Immediately noted patterns on the fabric lining, as the lining should follow the contours of the entire product. All checked and can be cut.
It is more convenient to grind hands first and do it without haste, so as not to get bundles and uneven seams. It is required to accomplish this with a contrasting thread.
Stage: machine seam
If everything worked out smoothly, then you can do firmware flashing. The lining does not need to be sewn in yet, it will need to be joined together with the fastener.
Attached a femoir to the product and you can start stitching. A lining was placed inside and fabric lapels were made. So you can make the seams very invisible, and the threads will not stick out. Sew through special holes on the lock.
Now a fashionable novelty is ready. This is not so, and it’s difficult to sew a bag with a femoir on your own. Therefore, away all fears and sooner for work.