Probably every girl in her childhood played with a doll, and sometimes not in a single copy. Often, the doll suffered from a lack of accessories for the game. In a similar situation, a cap made on its own at home from foamiran, for example, looks perfect. It will not be easy to become a great addition to the doll, but it will also greatly appeal to the young princess. It is only necessary to make a suitable template.
How to make a cap pattern for a doll
First, the pattern is created on a piece of paper and then transferred to the fabric. On paper, you need to depict six figures resembling a drop, but trimmed from below. A drop in length is equal to half the distance between the forehead and the back of the head of the doll, and the width at the edge of the drop should be equal to the sixth of the circumference of the head. Also, in addition to this, it is necessary to add an arc in the amount of two pieces to the paper, which in the future will become the peak for the cap. The peak in length should be equal to the width of the forehead. A drop can be replaced with a pentagon, on the cap it will not be displayed critically.
There is another option for creating a cylinder hat. The pattern for it is markedly different and, apart from the necessary materials, it will require the creation of a frame to maintain shape. For a hat, it is necessary to depict two circles, one of which should be in the other, and a strip, the width of which will be equal to the height of the cylinder, and the length - to the length of the smaller circle. The length of one of the circles should be equal to the girth of the doll’s head, the other can be chosen arbitrarily, but it’s better not to take a lot so that the hat does not look too big.
Further, it is possible to transfer the image shown on paper to a fabric ready for work. To do this, it is better to use soap, chalk or pencil, depending on the color of the fabric. After preparing the fabric, you can start cutting. In addition, you need to cut a strip of fabric equal in length to a little more than the circumference of the doll’s head, and in width - any length, but not less than two centimeters.
What you need to create a cap with a visor for the doll
You will need the following:
- A sheet of paper and drawing accessories;
- Fabric (velvet will be a good option);
- Lining (cotton is good);
- Cardboard or other form-capable material;
- Free time;
- Just a little good mood.
How to make a doll cap
The process includes the following steps:
- Work with a pattern. One of the most important parts of the work, because incorrectly created parts can ruin the whole work or significantly spoil the look of the cap. But do not be afraid, the work is not particularly difficult, you just need to be a little neat. The pattern is first drawn on paper, and then transferred and cut onto the fabric. Wedges are also cut on the fabric for lining and will be inside the cap;
- Work with the main part of the cap. With the help of pins, the wedge of the cap is attached to the cut strip from the inside, and then stitched. Following this, with the help of pins, another wedge is attached to the wedge with a strip and sewn together. The same must be done with the remaining parts for the main part of the headgear. At this stage, you should check the size of the cap in relation to the head of the toy. If they can be cut a little less, and if it is better to sew in an elastic band;
- Visor. The elements of the visor, cut out earlier, should be attached to the cardboard in the form of identical cut parts and sew the rounded parts together with the cardboard. This will add density to the visor, which is a necessity for every cap even designed for a toy. Cardboard can be replaced with any other material that can hold its shape or make a visor from felt that is of the same quality;
- Lining. It is time to tackle the inside of the cap. All actions are exactly as in the second paragraph, but already with a lining fabric. After you need to put a lining in the main part of the cap. Important! The main body and the lining must face each other. All the wedges of the lining must be sewn and then you can sew on the visor. In general terms, the cap is ready, it remains only to decorate it;
- Headgear decoration. It all depends on the imagination of the author, the headpiece can be decorated in various ways. The range of options can differ in standard sheathed buttons or flowers, as well as rather unusual flowers sewn to the cap or similar options.
Some options for decorating caps:
- Various rhinestones, sparkles, pebbles and similar small ornaments;
- Sewn to the headdress, flowers, bows, pompom;
- A non-standard option would be feline left cardboard, sheathed in cloth or other creation options;
- Feathers, chains and similar options;
- Any badges, pennants or emblems;
- Ribbons and knitted elements (for example, flowers, butterflies, etc.).
Reference! A good option would be both the above options and those invented by the creator. The main thing is to give free rein to the imagination, try a little and the created toy headdress will turn into a fashionable designer product.
A cap for a doll is a great way to create something that is not just useful, but also beautiful. And the best part is that you can do it at home with your own hands. The process of creation is not very complex, but if you apply even a little effort and imagination, the headgear will noticeably change and become a pleasant attribute for a doll, a future princess. The child will definitely like the clothing attribute, because it will decorate the doll well, as well as the parent, as it will make the child happy.