Consider a variety of skirt models.
Pleated skirts can be sewn from a dense, structured fabric, as well as light, airy.
- natural, artificial suede;
- light coat fabrics for winter models;
- rough linen.
These materials when sewed will give a clear geometry. A tartan is a cheerful classic skirts.
- crepe - georgette, crepe satin;
Advice! Not one-piece skirts look distinctively, but having high-quality panels sewn from fabric of contrasting colors.
The following options are distinguished:
- Circular - are located in one direction. Based on this type, all other types are built.
- Oncoming - the tops of simple folds that form a complex, are directed face to face.
- Bow - folds of folds forming one complex, "look" in different directions.
- Fan - diverging from one point.
- Stachye - grind, i.e., are connected by a seam, while on the inconspicuous side of the fold.
- Adjustment - The connecting seam runs along the front, visible side, performing a decorative function.
Advice! Stitching in such cases is often done with contrasting threads. It is possible to use program decorative stitches.
- Connecting - a method of imperceptibly connecting parts of a cut, a seam is made on the hidden side of the fold.
To build any type of skirt, the following measurements are required:
- Waist circumference. At the narrowest point of the body.
- Hip girth. Measured around the hips.
- Thigh height. Measured on the side, from the waist line to the hip line.
- Skirt length. From the waist line to the line of the proposed hem of the skirt.
Features of processing folds
- Stitch the entire width of the folds on the outside.
- Iron, getting a wide flat surface.
- Lay the depth of the crease.
- Sew to the required distance.
- Expand in the right direction.
- If necessary, sew on top with a decorative stitch.
Most often located singly, in the center of the skirt:
- Two simple single folds are laid with a fold to each other.
- Add up.
- Stitched to the required distance, or tucked into the belt.
Single, can be located in any area of a smooth panel, usually in the center of the front or in the back seam:
- Often used as an element splines.
- Mark the folds.
- We fold several one-sided folds on top of each other.
- On the other hand, we act in a mirror.
Advice! So that from numerous layers of fabric there is no significant thickening of the product, excess material above addition is removed.
For skirts with circular folds, there is a formula for calculating their depth.
- Fold Width
- Hip Volume (OB).
- The number of folds (COP).
KS = (OB + Shs) / Shs
If your waist volume is 80 cm, and you want a width of 4 cm, then your calculations will look like this:
COP = (80 + 4) / 4 = 21 pieces
On the other hand, the panels of the front and back halves of the skirt are the same, you can just do all the calculations and markings on one quarter of the skirt. This applies to cases where, in addition to complex elements, there are also smooth sections.
To find out how much fabric is needed for the folds, you need to take into account that the fold is double, which means that its size is multiplied by 2 times.
Of course, you must take into account the length of the skirt.
Since the width of the panels is very large, a skirt with a large number of folds must be sewn from several cuts.
Let’s figure out how to independently make a base pattern:
- We make measurements.
- Choose the type of folds and their number.
- On the base pattern we apply folding lines.
- We increase by the required value.
- How the pattern-base changes with different types of folds is shown in the figure.
- We draw a new pattern of the banner with all the changes.
On the yoke.
- threads in tone.
- We cut out a cloth and a belt.
- We duplicate the belt with non-woven fabric.
- Mark the folds.
- Pins off.
- Sweep along the top edge of the skirt.
- We leave a little space for a zipper.
- Try on.
- Sew a zipper.
- We flash on the machine along the line of the tag.
- We sew a belt.
- Sew the belt to the skirt.
- We break through the buttonhole.
- Sew on a button.
- We steam the product.
- Try on.
Pleats can be located on the skirt panel directly under the belt or under the yoke. Design features in this case are not provided. Thus, using basic design knowledge, we get a variety of styles.