In the wardrobe of almost every person there is at least one pair of jeans, regardless of his position in society and financial capabilities. For a long time they were considered the choice of youth and people leading an active lifestyle. However, denim pants have proven that they can satisfy absolutely all needs, and the age and gender of people who bought them do not matter.
8 well-known facts about jeans
Denim was first used in Genoa in 1500. From it sewed equipment for Italian sailors. Hundreds of years have passed since then, and jeans have become one of the sought-after types of clothing. Many people know that:
- The classic color is blue . It ideally hides even heavy pollution. After all, initially clothes were created for workers. Using chemical pigments, it can be painted in any color.
- Modern suppliers offer a wide range of models. Designers experiment with length, fit, styling, and decorative elements.
- One of the fashion trends of the XXI century is ripped jeans. And on YouTube channels there are even visual aids on how to properly break them.
- A lot of jeans are sewn in third world countries, but they are worn mainly in the west.
- A small pocket in a large pants pocket was originally intended for watches on a chain.
- One of the chips of the popular Levays brand is the processing of seams with orange threads. It is made to match the metal fittings.
- In the country of Soviets, jeans were first seen quite late : at the International Festival of Youth and Students in 1958.
- An ordinary American has at his disposal about 6 - 7 pairs.
There is no state on Earth in which people who have never worn jeans are.
12 facts you probably didn't know about
There are many interesting legends, statistical and historical facts and conjectures about this type of clothing:
- One legend says that the sails on the ships of the famous traveler Columbus were sewn from Genoese canvas, that is, they were jeans.
- On many canvases by Italian artists of the 17th century, fashion industry experts saw characters dressed in jeans.
- The first pants were of "chocolate" color. Now a product of this shade can be seen in the Museum of the Smithsonian Institution.
- It is known that the first couple in the world was bought for $ 1.46.
- The secret of denim is the special weaving of the threads. The fact is that the outer fibers are dyed, but the inner ones are not. It is this specificity of matter that is convenient in order to change shades and achieve the effect of antiquity.
- The creator of the legendary Levi's brand, Levi Strauss, never wore his wares. It was believed that they were intended for unsecured people, and the industrialist had a lot of money.
- Until 1950, jeans were called "workwear."
- Denim pants hit the podium at the end of the 60s. Showed them to Louis Ferro. Subsequently, Karl Lagerfeld, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Alexander McQueen and other eminent couturiers released their lineup.
- About 450 million pairs of jeans are sold annually in the United States.
- Manufacturers annually purchase pumice for processing material. The cost of the stone is $ 2 million per year.
- Stretch stretch models came up with designer Roberto Cavalli. Famous denimologist Lynn Downey considers the weaving of nylon in the material the most significant technology in the development of clothing of the XX century.
- In the summer of 2008, Levi Strauss presented to the public a model in the pockets of which chips for connecting to a PC and remote control of the iPod player are built-in.
In the world of fashion industry, jeans lines appeared under the Russian name. The pioneers were Valentin Yudashkin and Alexey Grekov.
This outfit has become extremely popular in every corner of the globe. This is due to ease of wearing and amazing versatility. However, in everyday life, few people think that many interesting facts are associated with jeans.